Welcome to the Cracker Storytelling Festival!
Homeland Heritage Park
December 6-9, 2017
9:30am – 2:30pm each day
Admission $6.00 adults $4.00 students
From the 2016 Cracker Storytelling Festival. 2017 details will be posted when available.
The Cracker Storytelling Festival Committee will be celebrating their 28th year. We are excited to have a select group of Florida storytellers to bring you an exciting and entertaining day with your students. This event is local, fits curriculum for all grade levels and is very inexpensive.
- Carrie Sue Ayvar entertains listeners with her Spanglish style and tales from many cultures.
- Tamara Green uses vivid costumes and dramatic presentations to keep listeners on the edge of their seats.
- Mitchell O’Rear engages audiences with his dramatic storytelling.
- Katie Adams weaves stories with her voice and movements.
- Cheryl Floyd uses her heritage to weave great Cajun stories that will conjure up images and sounds unlike any other.
- Mark Koruschak will take us into the past with his cow camp site demonstrations and tales of the past.
- Robin Schulte tells unique stories in a unique way that will keep you spellbound and hanging on every word
- “TVSHKA” Vann V. Samuels, Native American Flute player and Storyteller.
- Hank Mattson is a working Cracker Cowboy Poet who lives in Florida.
- Kaye Byrnes tells stories from many cultures.
- Marc McKinney entertains us with his personal tales.
- Madeline Pots tells personal stories, laden with gentle humor, that are engaging and relatable.
- Pat Nease uses her sense of humor and lively style to tell tales that have delighted audiences across the south.
The event is open to the public all four days, but Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are generally full of students and chaperones.
Storytelling is part of the curriculum for all grade levels and our tellers tell stories to all age groups. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, December 6th - 8th, are the days that we have set aside for the schools to come and partake in this wonderful opportunity to learn without knowing it. If you have any questions or concerns you may contact Terrie at 647-4716, 57955 or by email us email@example.com.
Whip Cracking Contest
- Saturday December 9, 2017
- Entry Fee $10.00; cash and trophy prizes
- Call 863-534-3766 for more information
Food vendors and crafters
- 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Wednesday - Saturday