Cracker Storytelling Festival
Homeland Heritage Park
December 6-9, 2017
9:30am – 2:30pm
Admission $6.00 adults $4.00 students
2017 Cracker Storytelling Festival
The Cracker Storytelling Festival Committee will be celebrating their 29th year. We are excited to have a select group of Florida storytellers to bring you an exciting and entertaining day with your students. This event is local, fits curriculum for all grade levels and is very inexpensive.
- Carrie Sue Ayvar entertains listeners with her Spanglish style and tales from many cultures.
- Tamara Green uses vivid costumes and dramatic presentations to keep listeners on the edge of their seats.
- Mitchell O’Rear engages audiences with his dramatic storytelling.
- Katie Adams weaves stories with her voice and movements.
- Cheryl Floyd uses her heritage to weave great Cajun stories that will conjure up images and sounds unlike any other.
- Mark Koruschak will take us into the past with his cow camp site demonstrations and tales of the past.
- Robin Schulte tells unique stories in a unique way that will keep you spellbound and hanging on every word.
- “TVSHKA” Vann V. Samuels, Native American Flute player and Storyteller.
- Hank Mattson is a working Cracker Cowboy Poet who lives in Florida.
- Madeline Pots tells personal stories, laden with gentle humor, that are engaging and relatable.
- Pat Nease uses her sense of humor and lively style to tell tales that have delighted audiences across the south.
- Kim Rivers and Nancy Crocford: "StoryMusic" intertwines live music with storytelling’s oral tradition.
- Charles Frierman is a master of improv and children's storytelling.
- Judge Nelson Bailey is a Florida history storyteller who tells tales of Florida though a collection of true tales.
The event is open to the public all four days, but Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are generally full of students and chaperones.
Storytelling is part of the curriculum for all grade levels and our tellers tell stories to all age groups. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, December 6th - 8th, are the days that we have set aside for the schools to come and partake in this wonderful opportunity to learn without knowing it. If you have any questions or concerns you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whip Cracking Contest
- Saturday December 9, 2017
- Entry Fee $10.00; cash and trophy prizes
Food vendors and crafters
- 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Wednesday - Saturday